The Asia-Fellowship: Inviting Journalists from PR China, Hong Kong and Taiwan
Category :- LATEST FELLOWSHIPS
International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP) is seeking applications for its “The Asia-Fellowship” to offer a unique opportunity for talented Journalists working in The People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan to come to Germany.
In 2017 fellowships will only be available for journalists from PR China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
The delegates work for four weeks with German host media. At the same time they research their own stories and work as correspondents for their home newsrooms. Hereby, the delegates gain a thorough insight into politics, economy and culture of the host country as well as an impression of the day to day working practices in Germany. The first month of the fellowship in Germany is composed of language training at the Goethe-Institute in Berlin, an organized research tour thru Germany as well as individual training and information sessions in Berlin.
- All delegates of the programme receive a one-off payment of 3,800 Euro from IJP.
- This should cover most travel, food and accommodation expenses as well as health insurance.
- Payment by the host media is not to be expected.
- Journalists between the age of 28 to 38 years, who regularly contribute newspapers, TV and radio media as well as online services, can apply.
- Very good English language skills (Toefl) and a strong interested in learning the German language are an important precondition for the application.
How to Apply
Applicants should send the following application documents at the address given on the website.
- A curriculum vitae in English or German,
- A passport photograph,
- A one-page description of the research aims in Germany as well a journalistic reference from applicant’s editor.
- The reference should have the double function of supporting the application as well as guaranteeing that fellows will be available for the entire duration of the programme.
Deadline: 30 June 2017
For more information, please visit The Asia-Fellowship.
Tips & Tricks
" Stand out. Demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience. ... Keep it simple. ... Don't be generic. ... Check and check again. ... Update. ... Use a template... ”
- CV Tips (MONSTER)
" Don't make excuses. ... Speaking of usernames, make sure yours is professional. ... Dress the part. ... Think about your location. ... Use a headset. ... Maintain Eye Contact. ... Handle any tech glitches with grace. ... Avoid avoidable tech glitches by practicing before. ... Eliminate interruptions. ... ”
-Skype Interview Tips (Michaela Gianotti)
CEO, IT Assistancebd
" Very helpful initiative and perfect guidance for students planning to go abroad. They provided excellent support and supervision free of cost!! ”
Engr. Ashiqur Rahman
Ambassador, EMA Bangladesh
" I would like to thank you for the assist you have given for higher study seeker. Your style and method is very effective, helping youth to refocus their energies and complete some major goals in their busy life. I like the idea- Never Give Up! ”