Professor in Digital Construction, Denmark
Category :- INTERNATIONAL JOBS
DTU Diplom invites applications for a position as Professor in digital construction and civil works.
DTU Diplom is a department with the overall mission of performing practice-oriented teaching to the Bachelor of Engineering programme at DTU and innovation through extensive collaboration with industry.
The professor will be attached to the Section for Building and Civil Engineering, one of the six sections comprising the Department employing 120 persons including presently a faculty of 70. The 17 educational programmes in the Department are focused on Cross disciplinary and innovative methods and based on the CDIO framework.
The Section for Building Civil Engineering contributes to high-level education and innovation within Construction, Energy and Installations, Project Management, Sustainability and Infrastructure.
Responsibilities and tasks
The position involves education and management and development of the department’s portfolio within digital construction. We want to be the leading university within the area and be the preferred collaborator for companies in Denmark working with digital construction and civil works. Focus must be on the following fields: Digital Construction and civil works.
In addition, assignments include:
- teaching and development of courses and specializations within the field of digital construction and civil works based on the latest knowledge and research results with special focus on contemporary teaching methods. Courses are taught in Danish. Non-Danish speakers are not disqualified for the role, but will be trained in Danish in order to participate in teaching on all levels.
- development of collaborative partnerships with the industry in regards to innovation projects.
- maintain and develop collaboration with other departments on DTU, where especially DTU Civil Engineering is a close and treasured collaborator for the section
- professional leadership of the sections innovative initiatives
- upgrading and continuous development of first class contemporary lab- and student facilities targeted towards the digital construction field
- pedagogical guidance and supervision of assistant professors
- academic assessment work
The position involves responsibility for a broad collaboration internally and externally with research groups, heads of departments, study programme coordinators, prominent teachers, and relevant administrative units. Collaboration with external partners include industrial and university partners, and key stakeholders should develop and strengthen project and innovation collaboration, and secure exchanging knowledge with society
The successful candidate is expected to take a lead position in both teaching and innovative projects.
Emphasis is placed on applicants having the potential to develop the subject area and having documented original scientific production at international level. The qualification requirements are:
- documented and successful education experience at different levels within the university’s study programmes on all levels.
- significant input in the field of teaching in several of the following areas: establishment of new courses, renewal of teaching activities, preparation of teaching materials, supplementary pedagogical training as well as publications in international teaching journals.
- significant input in the field of education in several of the following fields: planning and implementation of study programmes, evaluation of study programmes, undertaking of management duties for study programmes, supplementary training in didactics, active participation in both national and international education fora, publications in international education journals.
- significant experience from industry within digital construction in both Danish and international context with a variety of complex projects.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to
- the ability to teach
- experience with innovation activities
- an all-round experience basis, including international experience
- the ability to contribute to the development of the Department’s internal and external cooperation
For the specific position, consideration will also be given to:
- professional experience in several of the following fields: Construction materials, renovation, structural engineering, structural analysis
- extensive experience with development of digital construction and civil works in collaboration with innovative companies
- extensive network with companies within the Construction Industry
- success in fundraising for innovative projects in collaboration with stakeholders
- documented Experience with successful programme and course development and implementation within the CDIO framework
- potential in developing a group with competencies second to none in Denmark within digital construction and civil works.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Department Lars Christoffersen, +45 3588 5031.
You can read more about DTU Diplom at http://www.diplom.dtu.dk/english
Please submit your online application no later than 13 August 2017.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link ‘Apply online’, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter) addressed to the President
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Documentation for teaching experience (e.g. in the form of a teaching portfolio)
- A plan for future research
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Tips & Tricks
" Stand out. Demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience. ... Keep it simple. ... Don't be generic. ... Check and check again. ... Update. ... Use a template... ”
- CV Tips (MONSTER)
" Don't make excuses. ... Speaking of usernames, make sure yours is professional. ... Dress the part. ... Think about your location. ... Use a headset. ... Maintain Eye Contact. ... Handle any tech glitches with grace. ... Avoid avoidable tech glitches by practicing before. ... Eliminate interruptions. ... ”
-Skype Interview Tips (Michaela Gianotti)
CEO, IT Assistancebd
" Very helpful initiative and perfect guidance for students planning to go abroad. They provided excellent support and supervision free of cost!! ”
Engr. Ashiqur Rahman
Ambassador, EMA Bangladesh
" I would like to thank you for the assist you have given for higher study seeker. Your style and method is very effective, helping youth to refocus their energies and complete some major goals in their busy life. I like the idea- Never Give Up! ”