Applications Open for 2017-18 Vaclav Havel Journalism Fellowship!
Country: Czech Republic
The ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic together with RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty (RFE/RL) is currently accepting applications for its 2017-2018 Václav Havel Journalism Fellowship with an aim to support aspiring journalists from countries lacking media freedom and independence to pursue their profession in support of pluralism.
The program will help prepare the selected Fellows to be standard-bearers of their profession and leaders in their communities, on-line, on air, and in the world.
The main components of the program are:
- Professional mentoring alongside RFE/RL’s seasoned professionals.
- Training and development of journalistic skills on traditional, multi-media, and digital platforms.
- Participation in the daily editorial discussions that inform a professional and independent press.
- Independent work on a personal project.
- Understanding of the mission and practice of a professional, free, and independent media.
Eligible applicants will:
- be from an Eastern Partnership country or the Russian Federation;
- have a minimum of two years experience working as a journalist in their native language;
- have a demonstrated commitment to journalism as a profession; and
- be proficient in English.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
- Personal statement
- 3 Work samples
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae, including current contact information
- Letter to Václav Havel
Eligible Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, and the Russian Federation.
Deadline: 31 May 2017
For more information, please visit Vaclav Havel Journalism Fellowship.
Tips & Tricks
" Stand out. Demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience. ... Keep it simple. ... Don't be generic. ... Check and check again. ... Update. ... Use a template... ”
- CV Tips (MONSTER)
" Don't make excuses. ... Speaking of usernames, make sure yours is professional. ... Dress the part. ... Think about your location. ... Use a headset. ... Maintain Eye Contact. ... Handle any tech glitches with grace. ... Avoid avoidable tech glitches by practicing before. ... Eliminate interruptions. ... ”
-Skype Interview Tips (Michaela Gianotti)
CEO, IT Assistancebd
" Very helpful initiative and perfect guidance for students planning to go abroad. They provided excellent support and supervision free of cost!! ”
Engr. Ashiqur Rahman
Ambassador, EMA Bangladesh
" I would like to thank you for the assist you have given for higher study seeker. Your style and method is very effective, helping youth to refocus their energies and complete some major goals in their busy life. I like the idea- Never Give Up! ”